Definition of Personal Information
The Company defines the personal information as the name, address or date of birth of customer, information relating to any products or services purchased by customer, questions from customer or other information which can identify specific customer (including such information which will allow easy reference to other information and will thereby enable the identification of specific customer).
Collection of Personal Information
The Company may ask the customers for the personal information of customers or their family members (collectively, “Customer’s Personal Information”) at the time of purchase of products or use of service at any Company’s stores or department stores where the Company has a store as described in the Company’s website (“Department Store”). The scope of personal information which the Company will ask the customers will not go beyond the scope necessary for the Company to achieve its purpose and the personal information will be collected by lawful and fair means.
Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The Company will use the Customer’s Personal Information in order for the Company to, among others, ship the products to customers, provide related after-service, provide customers with information on the products and services, provide information on exhibitions and events or provide other related services and notices relating to the Company’s business (“Purpose of Use”).
Provision of Personal Information to Third Party
The Company will not provide any Customer’s Personal Information to any third party except in the case where:
- (1) customer gives consent;
- (2) it is necessary for the Company to provide the information to the Company’s contractor or business partner in order for the Company to achieve its Purpose of Use, provided that the Company will ensure that the recipient will properly handle the personal information;
- (3) the provision of personal information is required by law or regulation; or
- (4) the provision is otherwise permitted under relevant law or regulation such as the Personal Information Protection Law.
Joint Use of Personal Information
The Company will jointly use the Customer’s Personal Information with others within the scope provided below.
- (1) The personal information to be jointly used with others will not exceed the scope necessary to achieve the Purpose of Use such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and product purchase history.
- (2) Joint users will be Company’s group companies as provided in the Company’s website and Department Stores in case any customer purchases any product at any Department Store.
- (3) The purpose of use of joint users of personal information will be to, among others, ship the products to customers, provide related after-service, provide customers with information on the products and services, provide information on exhibitions and events or provide other related services and notices relating to the business of Company or joint users.
- (4) The Company will be responsible for the management of personal information including safety management.
Management of Personal Information
The Company will be responsible for strictly managing the personal information of customers, will endeavor to maintain the accurate and updated information to the extent necessary to achieve the Purpose of Use and will endeavor to take necessary and appropriate safety measures to prevent any illegal access to or any loss, destruction, forgery or divulgement of Customer’s Personal Information.
Disclosure, Correction and Suspension of Use of Personal Information
If the Company receives any request from any customer or his or her agent for the disclosure of his or her personal information, the Company will disclose such information in writing or by other means which the Company determines as proper after verifying that the person making the request is such customer or his or her agent, except in the case of any special circumstances such as the case where such disclosure will cause any significant problem to the Company’s business or there is a risk of harming the life, physical safety, property or other interest of any individual. If the Company discovers that any personal information held by the Company is inaccurate, the Company will make corrections to the extent necessary to achieve the Purpose of Use.
If any customer wishes not to receive from the Company any information on the products and services or any information on exhibitions and events by e-mail, mail or telephone call, to suspend the disclosure of personal information to any third party, to suspend the use of personal information for any purpose other than the Purpose of Use, to make any complaints to the Company or to send any questions to the Company, please contact the Company’s support desk as provided below. The Company will promptly respond to any requests and questions from customers.
Compliance with Relevant Laws, Regulations and Other Rules
The Company will comply with the laws and regulations on the protection of personal information and any other related rules.
For any questions on your personal information or this website, please contact:
Address: 1-3-3, Aobadai, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 153-8521[, Japan]
Tel: [+81-]3-3463-8631 Weekdays from 9:30 to 17:30
Attention: Jun Ashida Co., Ltd., Personal Information Support Desk